Reporting to our Head of Production, you sit right in the centre of imagination and reality. As a Technical Designer, it’s your role to adopt the creative and adapt these ideas into actual experiences. You have an exceptional eye for detail despite handling multiple projects at any one time… it’s your superpower!
The role demands quick thinking, aided by your unrivalled understanding of construction methodology. In line with our values, good enough, isn’t. You’re always striving for perfection.
Below are some of the things we are looking for from this role:
• You will be the direct link between the creative and productions teams, taking 3D design concepts produced by the studio and adapting these to reality by creating fully detailed technical drawing packages
• From space planning to bespoke furniture designs you are able to work with 3D designers and Project Managers to create drawings for costings
• Producing detailed drawings in 2/3D vectorworks to meet specification and project requirements
• You’re able to work well independently and be able to follow direction
• You’re good at collaborating with designers, project managers and client services teams, confident in communicating what is and isn’t possible
• Being present in design team meetings and providing technical input as required
• You’re able to conduct contractor and site visits if and when required
• You’re a sustainable champion, confident in challenging our contractors to meet our sustainable expectations
2+ years relevant experience is desired, however this does not have to be with another brand experience agency. Wider experiences are always welcome. Our benchmarked salaries are competitive and will reflect your experience and come with a generous benefits package.
• Proficient in Vectorworks (Sketchup knowledge would be an asset), Adobe suite and Microsoft Office
• Ability to build and maintain team relationships
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail
• A good understanding of project management methodology
• Able to maintain calmness under pressure and meet deadlines
We’re a future-focused brand experience agency.
At 2LK, ideas lead and anything’s possible. We’re an ambitious team of thinkers, driven by creativity, fuelled by innovation and bound by the belief that moments matter.
In a fast-moving world, we remain in constant beta - adapting, adopting and always accelerating. We’re habit breakers, inspired by change and fascinated by what’s next.
Everyone at 2LK is empowered and supported to grow; always playing to individuals’ strengths, we take great pride in our people first culture. Our values based around trust, honesty and respect, build real relationships that matter and help create our relentless pursuit of designing award-winning brand experiences.
If the role excites you, you’re committed and feel you can add value to our business, then we’d love to hear from you.